A child aged five was killed in a fire incident that was caused by a gas cylinder explosion in Nairobi’s Mukuru slums.
The minor succumbed to injuries in the hospital hours after he had been rescued.
The family and police said he sustained serious injuries in the incident.
It was gathered that the fire was caused by a gas cylinder, which exploded on Tuesday evening burning the house where the child was and four other structures near there before it was contained by locals.
Police said they are investigating the incident. Officials from Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Commission were also called to help in the probe.