• Flexible, modular solution helps telcos monetize the smart home
Radisys® Corporation, a global leader of open telecom solutions, today unveiled Radisys Reach Smart Home solution, enabling service providers to offer their customers a safe and secure home by connecting all smart appliances, sensors and controllers through an open device ecosystem, while also managing costs and streamlining operations. The solution allows broadband service providers to expand the utility of their data plans and grow ARPU.
• While broadband access revenue is expected to reach $135 billion globally by 2025, service providers are looking for opportunities to bundle broadband with complementary services to retain market share and boost low compound annual growth rates (CAGR). A recent Omdia and Broadband Forum report noted that smart home services represent a new growth opportunity for broadband service providers as innovative use cases are developed.
• However, to take advantage of the smart home opportunity, service providers must overcome the challenges associated with rolling out smart home services, including high initial investment costs and complex onboarding and interoperability with their existing OSS/BSS – all while combatting competition from OTT players.
• The Radisys Reach Smart Home solution combines smart devices, integration services and a cloud-based mobile app, enabling telcos to monetize the smart home and make their data plans stickier for increased customer loyalty. The modular offering enables service providers to minimize their initial investment and build out the solutions as they go. A complete solution set of brandable smart devices are available in convenient product bundles for home security and safety, energy management, and comfort living.
• The Radisys Reach Smart Home Gateway is the central node of the solution. It seamlessly connects with sensors and cameras from multiple vendors while its software and cloud backend enables the home automation services. It connects to sensors over Zigbee, security cameras over Wi-Fi, and uses Wi-Fi or Ethernet for backhaul connection with the cloud backend.
• Key additional features for the Smart Home solution include:
o White-labeled fully customizable smart mobile app to extend the value of broadband offerings and customer brand loyalty
o Consolidated billing to easily integrate smart home offerings with existing services
o Remote management of Smart Home infrastructure via web-based administrative portal
o Built-in analytics, including dashboards and monthly reports, for personalized customer recommendations based on usage trends
• The solution integrates with broadband providers’ operations support systems (OSS) and business support systems (BSS) and includes a web user interface (UI) that can be integrated into the network operations center (NOC).
“Smart home solutions are a perfect complement to service providers’ fixed and wireless broadband offerings, enabling them to expand services and create new revenues with their existing customer base,” said Aniel Jhingoeri, Regional Vice President EMEA Sales and Head of Embedded Platforms and Digital End Points. “Radisys Reach Smart Home delivers a flexible, scalable solution that positions service providers to be competitive in the market while leveraging the growing innovation of an open device ecosystem.”
“Broadband service providers face several complex challenges in the smart home space, including competition from technology and consumer electronics vendors,” said Mariana Zamoszczyk, senior analyst, Smart Home Services, Omdia. “Solutions such as Radisys’ Reach Smart Home that support the integration of devices from a variety of vendors using open standards allow broadband service providers to offer a modular smart home platform and services that can be monetized.”
Radisys, a global leader in open telecom solutions, enables service providers to drive disruption with new open architecture business models. Radisys’ innovative disaggregated and virtualized enabling technology solutions leverage open reference architectures and standards, combined with open software and hardware to power business transformation for the telecom industry, while its world-class services organization delivers systems integration expertise necessary to solve communications and content providers’ complex deployment challenges. For more information, visit www.Radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210617005259/en/